Friday, April 10, 2015

Got a little brown on your stone...


My first mdf kits (evah) are from Burn In Designs (link at right).  I like this material!

For my residential neighborhood, I picked up a three-pack of 6 Story Brownstones, from the Federation City product line.

These types of apartment buildings can be found all around American cities.



The buildings come three to a pack and are all identical.  They consist of four walls and a roof, which all fit well together (wood glue is perfect for them).  Compared to my GameCraft houses, these apartment buildings are large.

As I've seen elsewhere, the tabs on the buildings stick out a bit after assembly and should be sanded down.  Don't get too vigorous with the sandpaper, though.  Some of my buildings are now a little wavy in spots.


Assembled and sanded.

After sanding, I filled in the cracks with Milliput and added a styrene rod to the roof to serve as a chimney.

The wooden material is very easy to paint and the dark paper that I inserted into the interior of the building glued on nicely.
I've finished one of these buildings, so far. 

It's not exciting to look at, but it isn't supposed to be.


I'm happy with these buildings and will be ordering others from Burn In Designs.  As a first exposure to mdf, these have been a positive experience.


Thanks for wrecking my house.  I didn't really want to live there, anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment