Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sparkling Spacemats!

I've been getting into Star Wars Armada and Star Wars X-Wing games.  There is also the space combat aspect of Robotech to consider.

A necessary accessory to a space combat game is a space combat game mat.

There are plenty of wonderful mats out there with artists' renditions or even Hubble photographs.  These are quality productions with beautiful prints.  I had considered these but they are costly.

I decided to go cheap.




I visited the local fabric shop.  The store had a few space themed prints, but in the end I chose felt with glitter.  The felt will keep ship models from sliding around much, while the glitter produces an effective starfield that doesn't visually overwhelm.


Imperial Star Destroyer not included.


Total cost for two yards of cloth: $16.00.

In the future I will probably want a nebula-style setting.  I will have to keep my eye out for suitable cloth or just buy a wargaming mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment