Monday, August 24, 2015

Trees'd to Meet You

(If you expected a good pun, you must be new here.)


To follow up on my previous post about Toob trees, here are some photos of how I have based them.


Here is a shot of ten trees on a 1-inch grid.  Each tube contains ten trees and this picture includes the variety of nine of them (I don't plan on using the palm tree that is included in each set).


A close-up of the bases.  These are on 25mm wooden bases from Litko and covered with standard basing materials.





I've based many this way, enough to fill a small box.





Here is the box-full arrayed on the grid.





To facilitate stability, ease and eye-appeal, I've created larger bases with 2-5 trees per base and some additional scenic elements.





The bases are three-inch wooden circles I picked up at a craft store.  To the bases I've added twigs, rocks, lichen and other mosses, flower tufts.


A bit of everything here.





I've also created larger 6.5 inch bases as well, which could represent impassible areas, or be used in parts of the table not likely to see much action.


The crossroads.


The briar patch.


Meadow's edge.




Dense woodland.


Some detailed close-ups of the larger bases.








I took this picture, by golly I'm gonna use it.



The general idea is to create functional and durable terrain that also gives a sense of being wooded areas, not just trees on well-manicured grounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment