Sunday, September 10, 2017

Flying Wurms





Crawling Chaos (the blue faction) has two Hunting Horror monsters available to summon.






These are the faction's strongest monsters.  They get the benefit of moving two spaces, like all of Crawling Chaos' units.  The faction can obtain the upgrade that allows Hunting Horrors to move to the location of a battle before the fighting begins.







These are pretty large and cool looking monsters.  I was going to go for a brownish paint scheme.  A lot of people that paint these miniatures do a color theme around the faction color to make them more easily identifiable during the game.  I decided to do a different approach, by putting each faction's color in the base of the model's (except for the cultists, who get it on their clothing instead).
When I was researching how these were described in the fiction, they were all black and I was somewhat disappointed in that.  I thought, How many all black monsters are there in thee Mythos.  I want color.  I may start deviating more from the "official" descriptions of these, because a board of nothing but black monsters is a bit boring and not so much fun to paint.







No comments:

Post a Comment