Thursday, May 18, 2017

Livin' Large


For whatever reason, I am drawn to "unusual" things, such as these fatties.  I always had my eye on them, but being costly, I kept putting them off for purchasing later.
When Mongoose announced that they were giving up the license, I decided to take no chances and grabbed every fattie I could find.





This first guy is one of the later production runs, so he is a mix of resin body with metal limbs and head.





The resin needed a little cleaning, but was mostly ok.  To get the pieces to fit securely, I pinned and used Milliput.






Not everything is great, but the end result looks good enough, so I can forgive the imperfections.






This second guy was from an earlier production run and is all metal.  Given their size, this thing feels pretty hefty in the hand.




It isn't just the weight that is different.  The casting on these is much rougher, with detail-destroying, huge chunks of metal that needed removal.  The torso came in two parts, as well, which didn't fit snugly together.  More Milliput...
Mold lines are pretty hard to clean up on these as well, without destroying more detail.






Both of these guys have right arms that are stubbier and fatter than their left.  Not all the fatties are like this.



Partially painted cultist for scale.



As you can see, these are both pretty large dudes.  I don't know if it is the different body types or the resin vs. metal castings, but the resin guy has a slightly smaller body.









No comments:

Post a Comment